August 31, 2021 (Investorideas.com Newswire) The progress Can-Fite BioPharma made with these studies is briefly summarized in a Dawson James Securities report.
In an Aug. 27 research note, Dawson James Securities analyst, Jason Kolbert, recapped Can-Fite BioPharma Ltd.’s (CANF:NYSE.MKT) clinical and preclinical progress during Q2/21.
As for updates on the biopharma’s clinical trials, Kolbert relayed, Can-Fite achieved 75% enrollment for its Phase 3 COMFORT psoriasis study. Complete enrollment is expected soon, with release of topline results to follow in the subsequent quarter. COMFORT aims to show Can-Fite’s drug candidate Piclidenoson is effective and at least comparable to apremilast (Otezla) as a treatment for moderate to severe plaque psoriasis.
Regarding Can-Fite’s Phase 2 COVID-19 trial, the biopharma commenced an expansion in Israel and Europe. The plan is to add 40 patients.
During Q2/21, Can-Fite continued gearing up for its pivotal Phase 3 liver cancer study slated to commence in Q4/21. The study will evaluate another of the company’s drug candidates, Namodenoson, in hepatocellular carcinoma in accordance with a protocol approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the European Medicines Agency (EMA).
“Should the study meet its efficacy endpoint and be approved by the FDA and EMA, Namodenoson would become one of only a few drugs available to treat advanced liver cancer patients,” Kolbert wrote.
Also for liver disease, in which A3AR is overexpressed, Can-Fite has developed cannabinoid-based treatments that hold promise as a potential treatment. In Q2/21, the company filed patents to protect that intellectual property.
Regarding Can-Fite’s Phase 2b study of Namodenoson in the treatment of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), the Israeli Ministry of Health gave the green light to proceed. Thus, the trial is scheduled to start sometime in Q3/21, one quarter earlier than anticipated.
Lastly, a recent preclinical study in rats showed Can-Fite’s drug candidate CF602, applied topically for erectile dysfunction, led to statistically significant improvement versus controls.
In terms of finances, Can-Fite spent $3 million ($3M) during Q2/21 and ended the quarter with $7.5M. Subsequently, in August, the company held a $10M offering.
Dawson James has a Buy rating and a $5 per share target price on Can-Fite BioPharma, the shares of which are currently trading at about $1.87 apiece.
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire – a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investing involves risk and possible losses. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. Contact management and IR of each company directly regarding specific questions.
More disclaimer info: https://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release and our other news services on the Investorideas.com newswire https://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/ and tickertagstocknews.com
BiotechIndustryStocks.com – investing ideas in biotechnology stocks, medical technology and life sciences
Like Biotech Stocks? View our Biotech Stocks Directory