August 19, 2021 (Investorideas.com Newswire) Paradigm Capital Inc. stated in a research report that Knight Therapeutics Inc. posted significantly better than expected operating and financial results in Q2/21 that greatly exceeded analysts’ estimates. Meanwhile, insiders continue to add to their positions, and the company has filed a new NCIB allowing it to purchase up to 10% of the float during the next 12 months.
In an Aug. 16 research note, Paradigm Capital Inc. Analyst Scott McAuley, Ph.D. provided an update on recent activities and financial results at global specialty pharmaceutical company Knight Therapeutics Inc. (GUD:TSX; KHTRF:OTCMKTS).
McAuley noted that Knight Therapeutics was able to greatly expand its product line after acquiring Grupo Biotoscana (GBT). According to McAuley, the GBT purchase allowed the firm to significantly grow its Pan-American (ex-U.S.) business as it now sells more than 100 products in 11 countries.
The report from Paradigm mentioned that with $166.1 million in cash and marketable securities held on its balance sheet, Knight has plenty of ability to pursue licensing agreements for additional new products and other M&A opportunities.
McAuley advised that Knight released its Q2/21 financial results and indicated that the results exceeded Paradigm’s estimates and consensus on both top-line revenue and EBITDA.
Knight reported that Q2/21 revenue increased 24% year-over-year to $65.8 million, which exceeded the consensus estimates of $55.3 million and Paradigm’s expectations for $56.4 million.
Knight posted adjusted EBITDA of $9.4 million in Q2/21, compared to $7.4 million in Q2/20. The adjusted EBITA results in the latest quarter greatly beat both the consensus estimates of $3.6 million and Paradigm’s forecast for $4.9 million.
The report noted that effective September 1, 2021, Knight’s President and COO Samira Sakhia has been appointed to lead the company as president & CEO, and the firm’s founder Mr. Goodman will assume the duties of executive chairman.
The analyst pointed out that even though Knight’s shares have been trading at a low share price, the company is continuing with its share purchases. During Q2/21 and thereafter, the firm purchased 4.0 million of its own shares, including 1.3 million shares for $7.0 million in Q2/21 and a subsequent 2.7 million shares for an additional $13.9 million.
Knight is not stopping there and in July 2021, it launched a new Normal-Course Issuer Bid (NCIB) to purchase up to 10.3 million common shares, or roughly 10% of the average float, over the next 12 months.
Paradigm Capital advised that insiders at the company are also buying shares in the company in the open market and increasing their share positions and stated the Mr. Goodman has purchased more than 96,000 shares for greater than $850,000 through 2021.
The report listed that the company is reaping the benefits of its Exelon acquisition that just closed in late May 2021. The newly acquired Exelon products for treating Alzheimer’s symptoms have already contributed $4.2 million in gross profit in Q2/21. In addition, Knight was able to grow revenues from its recently launched products by $4.8 million in the latest quarter.
Paradigm Capital Inc. advised that it is reiterating its “Buy” rating for Knight Therapeutics Inc. and is raising its 12-month price target from CA$7.50/share to CA$7.75/share. The company’s shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol GUD and is currently trading at CA$5.47/share on August 18, 2021.
1) Stephen Hytha compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. He or members of his household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. He or members of his household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire – a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investing involves risk and possible losses. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. Contact management and IR of each company directly regarding specific questions.
More disclaimer info: https://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release and our other news services on the Investorideas.com newswire https://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/ and tickertagstocknews.com
BiotechIndustryStocks.com – investing ideas in biotechnology stocks, medical technology and life sciences
Like Biotech Stocks? View our Biotech Stocks Directory