August 23, 2021 (Investorideas.com Newswire) Shares of natural cannabis firm Flora Growth Corp. rose 43% after the company reported H1/21 financial results and indicated it expects H2/21 revenues will be in the range of US$9-11 million.
Natural organic cannabis company Flora Growth Corp. (FLGC:NASDAQ), which cultivates all of its crops used in manufacturing its cannabis-derived products and brands outdoors, announced operating and (unaudited) financial results for the first half of 2021 ended June 30, 2021.
Flora Growth’s President and CEO Luis Merchan commented, “Management believes each of our divisions gained significant traction relative to where we started the year as we execute on the strategic growth plan we laid out in December 2020, positioning shareholders for future success. At the end of last year, Flora was private, largely pre-revenue, and focused primarily in Latin America. During the past six months, Flora completed its IPO on the NASDAQ, while increasing its global distribution, revenue and expanding its premium portfolio of global cannabis brands and products.”
The company reported that in H1/21 it generated total revenues of more than $2,000,000, compared to just $100,000 in 2020. The firm added that in H1/21 it achieved an (unaudited) gross profit of 60%.
Flora advised that it posted an (unaudited) net loss in H1/21 of $4 million but explained that this was largely due to the incurrence of one-time fees of approximately $3 million attributed to its initial public offering (IPO).
The firm listed that as of June 30, 2021, it held cash on its balance sheet of approximately $19 million with only minimal debt obligations. The company stated that following the close of H1/21, it has benefited from substantial cash inflows from warrants that were exercised. Flora stated that to date, it has received approximately $7.2 million from those warrants with more expected in the near-term.
The company advised that in Q2/21, it completed an IPO and succeeded in accomplishing a public listing under the ticker symbol “FLGC” on the Nasdaq Capital Markets exchange. The firm pointed out that by doing so it believes it is the first all-outdoor grower to be listed on the NASDAQ, as well as the first cannabis company to go public on an American exchange via a traditional IPO process.
The firm stated that this year it announced it plans to buy 100% of Koch & Gsell, which it said is “the manufacturer of the leading Swiss hemp and tobacco pre-roll brand Heimat.” Flora added that in addition it executed a strategic investment of $2.4 million in Hoshi International, which is expected to promote distribution of Flora’s products in the EU.
The company advised that it also set up the Flora Lab manufacturing division. The lab holds multiple GMP certifications and occupies a 16,000-square-foot manufacturing facility. The firm said this is where it makes its 190-plus products and 63 over-the-counter products, which are all licensed with Columbia’s INVIMA (the equivalent of the U.S. FDA in that country).
The firm mentioned that so far in H2/21 it has achieved many other positive milestones. The company stated that its food beverage division, Kasa Wholefoods, signed a sales agreement with Tropi, Colombia’s largest consumer packaged goods distributor, which has over 130,000 distribution points throughout 38 cities in Colombia. The first order from Tropi was about $1.1 million for the company’s CBD and hemp products. Flora expects that future sales may reach as high as $2 million monthly.
The company noted that “its Flora Beauty division formally launched O (“Awe”), its premium brand and product line designed and marketed by founding partner, trend-setter, and global beauty influencer Paulina Vega.”
Importantly, the company stated it intends to move its headquarters to Miami, Fla., by Q1/22.
Flora Growth described its business as “a cannabis company that leverages natural, cost-effective cultivation practices to supply cannabis derivatives to its diverse business divisions of cosmetics, hemp textiles, and food and beverage.” The company has chosen to naturally cultivate all the crops used in its products outdoors. Flora mentioned that its goal is to market higher-quality premium products at lower than market prices.
Flora Growth Corp. has a market cap of around $370.2 million with approximately 42.0 million shares outstanding and a short interest of about 3.2%. FLGC shares opened 6% higher today at $9.35 (+$0.54, +6.13%) over yesterday’s $8.81 closing price. The stock has traded today between $9.30 to $12.97 per share and closed at $12.68 (+$3.87, +43.93%).
1) Stephen Hytha compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. He or members of his household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. He or members of his household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investing involves risk and possible losses. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. Contact management and IR of each company directly regarding specific questions.
More disclaimer info: https://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release and our other news services on the Investorideas.com newswire https://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/ and tickertagstocknews.com