August 25, 2021 (Investorideas.com Newswire) An H.C. Wainwright report noted that “this deal is an opportunity for STRATA Skin Sciences to substantially increase its long-term, recurring revenue base.”
In an Aug. 23 research note, H.C. Wainwright & Co. analyst Joseph Pantginis reported STRATA Skin Sciences Inc.’s (SSKN:NASDAQ) recently announced acquisition and its Q2/21 financial results. STRATA is a dermatological device firm.
Regarding the acquisition, Pantginis relayed, STRATA entered an agreement to buy Ra Medical Systems for $3.7 million in cash up front. Ra Medical develops and produces excimer laser systems for the treatment of dermatological and vascular diseases.
Through the transaction, STRATA will gain a laser that complements its laser portfolio, specifically a 308 nanometer ultraviolet B excimer Pharos, used to treat chronic skin diseases, such as psoriasis, vitiligo, and atopic dermatitis. STRATA will also garner access to Ra Medical’s customer base of about 400 dermatology practices, to which it will be able to market its existing products and services.
“We and management believe this deal is an opportunity for STRATA to substantially increase its long-term recurring revenue base in a way that is synergistic with the company’s current clinical and commercial strategy, and positions the company as the leader in laser-based therapeutics for chronic skin conditions,” Pantginis wrote.
As for STRATA’s Q2/21 performance financially, Pantginis noted, the company generated $7.4 million ($7.4M) in revenue, up 83% year over year and up 28% quarter over quarter. Revenue exceeded H.C. Wainwright’s and consensus’ forecasts of $6.28M and $6.67M, respectively. Revenue encompasses monies collected on 889 installed XTRAC devices, which compares to 18 devices at the end of Q1/21.
STRATA’s earnings per share in Q2/21 were ($0.03), better than H.C. Wainwright’s estimate of ($0.07) and consensus’ projected ($0.04).
At the end of Q2/21, STRATA had $17M in cash.
The medical device company has been and continues working to increase its revenue to pre-COVID levels by year-end 2021. The strategy for doing so has five components. They are to maintain investment in overall direct-to-consumer advertising and resources, to refocus on high-volume customers and accounts, and to provide further support, if possible, to partners not generating revenue. The other methods are to better define the plan for marketing to dermatologists, emphasizing what differentiates XTRAC and how it benefits patients and clinics, and to relaunch efforts to treat vitiligo to boost XTRAC’s profile and patient population.
Already STRATA is seeing more treatments with XTRAC being performed in the clinic compared to those in 2019. This is attributed to the company’s social media presence, educating physicians via webinars, and other vehicles.
Pantginis noted good news for STRATA on the reimbursement front. Cigna expanded its coverage to include excimer laser treatment of vitiligo.
H.C. Wainwright has a Buy rating and a $3 per share target price on STRATA, the stock of which is currently trading at about $1.42 per share.
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire – a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investing involves risk and possible losses. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. Contact management and IR of each company directly regarding specific questions.
More disclaimer info: https://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release and our other news services on the Investorideas.com newswire https://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/ and tickertagstocknews.com
BiotechIndustryStocks.com – investing ideas in biotechnology stocks, medical technology and life sciences
Like Biotech Stocks? View our Biotech Stocks Directory